Saturday, 4 December 2010

2nd December - Journal Your Christmas

I actually finished this page last night, but I was too tired to blog.

2nd Dec2010

The theme is Snow - hopefully you worked that out :-) Most of the UK seems to be knee-deep in snow, for the second time this year. But not here. The South Wales coast seems to be a cosy place, and although we may get snow flurries, we never usually get any snow landing.

So imagine my two boys delight when finally, in January, after days of hearing about the rest of the UK enjoying endless sledging, we finally got some snow! Let battle commence. Endless snow ball fights, snowmen, snow forts, playing in and with it, tasting it, experiencing it fall on your cheek and making green zombie snowmen (you had to be there!)

One snowfall, which lasted a few days due to the low temperatures, and then it was all gone. But it was loved for every minute.

Fast forward to the end of November (November! in the UK!!) and the snow returns. Sadly only a couple of millimeters, not even enough for a snowball! Meanwhile, the rest of the UK is snowed in - getting stuck on motorways, but also sledging down hills and building snowman after snowman.

So my Christmas wish? A little bit of snow on Christmas Eve - and while I'm making this wish, can we throw in a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the snow, and some carol singing in the lamplight.
Then Christmas morning we'd wake up and dash outside to a cold, crisp bright day and build and play and throw until we couldn't feel our hands anymore. Inside for hot chocolate and presents, knowing the snow is there for later.
And to round off my wish, all the snow melts away in the next few days, like it always does around here, so we can get back to normal outings.

Who knows, maybe Santa is listening...

Meta Data
I didn't know where to start with this one - did a bit of faffing about, but didn't like anything. Then, finally it began to click into place. A bit crowded, but I wanted to get it all in, and couldn't see a better way of doing it.

Trial by fire, this digital scrapbooking, especially when I haven't done any scrapbooking for years!

So, used Basic Grey's Blitzen Starter Kit and Shimelle's Quick and Easy templates - Ha! I laugh in the face of "Quick" and "Easy", she says, flinging her cloak about! I wanted different paper, and a photo here, see-through text there, a different border, yada, yada, yada.

What should have taken a few moments (plug in the photo, journal, save) took much, much longer, but the things I know how to do now in The Gimp! By the end of the Christmas season I'll be an expert ;-)

Thanks for reading :-)

3 comments:

  1. Still lots of snow here - but it is starting to thaw now - hope you get some :) Saw some snow 'volcanos' tonight and thought of you (or Squirt anyway!) will upload some photos tomorrow ;)
    The second half of your post does not compute - no idea how you do these scrapbooky journal pages but they look good to me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digital scrapbooking is very effective - I'm quite happy for you to have our quota of snow!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite way to learn new technology, doing a project which sort of makes me have to figure it out to get it done. This looks super cool!

    ReplyDelete